Hi, my name is Laurel. I was born in Arizona but raised in California and I moved to Utah to go to school and have ended up living here most of my life. I graduated from BYU with a bachelor’s degree in Family Sciences and then got double master’s degrees in Marriage and Family Therapy and in Social Work, also from BYU. I met my husband after I graduated from college and was working as a social worker in a small town in Utah. He was the local school psychologist and we hit it off immediately. We dated for four months and were engaged two months before we married, and we’ve been married for 35 years. I like to read church books, I’m really into cooking and doing family history. I like doing laundry because it gives me an excuse to sit down and watch TV and it’s usually a Star Trek series I will watch. I’m not great at mechanical things and deciphering technology gives me anxiety. My husband and I have 8 children, 6 girls and 2 boys. The oldest is 34 and our youngest is 18, so we are almost empty-nesters. We also have 7 grandchildren with two on the way. One of my life philosophies is that raising a family is hard work but then, anything worth doing is usually hard.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)