I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as Mormons. I love the gospel. It just makes sense to me and I am deeply committed to my church. It teaches me why I am here on this earth and what I need to be doing to live with my Heavenly Father again. It teaches me that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me as does my Savior, Jesus Christ. It teaches me that Jesus Christ loved me enough to atone for my sins and that I can repent and become a better person. It teaches me that true happiness comes from keeping the commandments and serving others. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have questions or things I don’t understand but it does mean that I believe in time that if I study about my questions, pray and exercise faith that most of my questions will be answered. It also means that I recognize that there are questions that can only be answered in the next life and so I again exercise faith that someday I will have the answers, even if it’s after I die. Of course my spiritual beliefs have and will influence my writings and posts. A lot of the things I have learned in my life are colored through the lenses of the gospel of Christ, but I think those lenses have helped me see more clearly.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)